Sorting students in D.O.B for PE carnivals

More
5 years 9 months ago #7539 by KateWalsh
Hi everyone, I am new to IDoceo and wondering if it is possible to sort students from each class into some sort of new folder in D.O.B? I would like to use this for trials for athletics carnival if possible.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #7541 by bert
Welcome Kate,
From the gradebook view, tap on Tools (top bar) > Students > Sort > Personal data > Birth date

You will see two fields, "Birth date" and "Birth date + age" Select "Birth date" only
The sort order of students is shared on all the tabs in the same class.

And this one here, an alternative for shortcut lovers

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by bert.

More
5 years 8 months ago #7551 by KateWalsh
Replied by KateWalsh on topic Sorting students in D.O.B for PE carnivals
Thanks I have tried this but not really working as it is only sorting within the groups. My classes are composite classes. I have put them into 2 groups in for the class list e.g. year 4 and year 5. It is only sorting within the year 4’s and only in year 5’s. I hope that makes sense...
I am also trying to get the d.o.b from multiple classes onto the one sheet somehow? Can this be done?
Thanks

More
5 years 8 months ago #7552 by bert
If a single class holds two groups - using the group field in personal details - make sure you disable the ‘sort by groups first’ option

You can merge students and their personal details, including DOB, from multiple classes iinto one from the gradebook view > tools > students > all> copy
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettm