Bug in Exporting to XLS and CSV

More
9 years 7 months ago #5107 by SANGER_A2
Bug in Exporting to XLS and CSV was created by SANGER_A2
I use the seating plan view to enter data for my students. I click the "+" icon and click the "Today" button to set the column header. This all works fine.

When I export the data to Excel, the columns do not have any headers - the data is exported correctly, but I cannot see the "10/22" etc column headings that should be there.

The column headings are exported correctly if I use the CSV1 or CSV3 format and that opens fine in Excel. However, in between each row there is a blank row.

The ideal fix for me would be to include the column headers in the XLS export. At the moment, I have to export to CSV and then delete the empty rows and then save as an XLS file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #5131 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Bug in Exporting to XLS and CSV
Hello SANGER_A2,
Are you working with our latest version 3.1.1? The XLS export should include the complete header and subheader already.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bert.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #5132 by SANGER_A2
Replied by SANGER_A2 on topic Bug in Exporting to XLS and CSV
I am using 3.1.1 and an export I ran 2 minutes ago is attached along with a screenshot of how the table should look. I had to edit the file to remove the student names and SEN data etc, but other than that it's how it was exported.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bert. Reason: got the files

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #5133 by bert
Thanks for taking the time to prepare that sample.
The problem is due to those columns not having a header but only a subheader. Count on this being solved in our next major update.
Regards
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by bert.

More
9 years 7 months ago #5135 by bert
I forgot to mention the workaround. If you add an empty space on the header it everything will be included in the XLS file