Merge data across devices

More
9 years 8 months ago #4814 by spersephone
Merge data across devices was created by spersephone
I have an iPad and a mini iPad. I have the app on both. I am happy to accept that documents I attach to one don't get updated to the other, as it's impractical to continually run full backups.

However, I would like to see the app initiate a quick backup each time it closes, or pop up with a reminder to run one. I would also like it to go to the default backup source and restore from it automatically each time it opens.

I've just realised that I have input data into one device, and different data into another. I have no idea what's missing, and can't afford to restore from any in particular as I can't recognise which one has more of the information available.

I'm looking forward to a Mac/PC version as well, so we can prepare lesson plans with ease and see what we're doing, however, I realise that this is not yet happening. Still, I would have thought a very high priority would be an app that works across devices, with automatic backup so that data is not missed or doubled up.

I'm finding it very difficult to find the information on this site, the details of any of my questions are handled very simply. So it's possible that there is already a workaround for the issues I'm facing, but I haven't yet found them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #4815 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Merge data across devices
Hello spersephone,
iDoceo is designed to work completely offline and not to sync between devices since most countries impose serious legal restrictions to storing personal informations in the cloud.

The backup features are meant as a fail-proof method to make sure you never lose anything in your device but not as an alternative to automatic syncing since it completely replaces your data and you won't be able to work at the same time on both devices.

We're developing a Mac version, but as I'm sure you're aware of, it takes months/years. A PC version is not in our roadmap.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.