Linking Student annotations across classes

More
9 years 8 months ago #4752 by tmhl
Is it possible to link pupil information across different subject/class areas? I would like special need and pastoral information to be available in all class areas but currently seem to need to input it into each area.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #4753 by bert
Hello tmhl,
If you copy a particular student (tap&hold on a student > copy > class) it will update the personal details,photo and annotations in their target class (even if they exist already)
You can copy/update several at once with a tap on Tools (top bar) > Students > Select > Copy
The following user(s) said Thank You: tmhl

More
9 years 8 months ago #4754 by tmhl
Thank you for getting back so quickly.... But say I change a note in the annotations in one class, this doesn't automatically come up in other class the same child is in. So can they be linked rather than having to copy each time?

More
9 years 8 months ago #4755 by djdekker
Replied by djdekker on topic Linking Student annotations across classes
I also copied a student to several other classes, but if the student already existed in the target class, the notes were not copied. If the student did not exist yet in the target class, the notes were copied.

I suppose iDoceo cannot identify two students with exactly the same name and birthday as one human being?

More
9 years 8 months ago #4756 by bert
Uhm I was pretty sure it copied the annotations as well but just checked it and it doesn't.
iDoceo locates identical students in both classes (by their name only) and will update their personal details but annotations are left out, sorry about the confusion
The following user(s) said Thank You: djdekker