Unable to backup

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #4507 by ingerjay
Unable to backup was created by ingerjay
Hi, I've had iDoceo for 2 terms now and I love it, but I am getting VERY worried about not having a backup. I have tried to back it up both from school and home, using both Dropbox and Google Drive and have had no success.

Dropbox thinks about it for ages and then gives me this error message. (See attachment db.error) I do what it suggests, but it never works.

Google Drive claims to have backed it up, but when I check the idoceo backup folder, it is empty! (See attachment gd. empty)

I've been using iDoceo for almost every aspect of my teaching practise. If I lose this data, I'm in BIG TROUBLE!
Please help me.
Ginger
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #4509 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Unable to backup
Thanks for the screenshots Ginger,

You should try this:
- From iDoceo's main screen / Options / Dropbox / Unlink
- Restart your iPad by pressing simultaneously both the home and top buttons on your iPad
- Once restarted, tap on iDoceo / Options / Dropbox / Link and then backup

PS: An easier method to take a screenshot of whatever is on your iPad's screen, press both the home and top buttons of your iPad for a brief moment and it will add that screenshot to your camera roll.

More
10 years 1 week ago #4511 by ingerjay
Replied by ingerjay on topic Unable to backup
While there is no 'Options' menu on the main screen of idoceo that I can see, I clicked on Dropbox in 'Settings' and turned it off, thereby unlinking it. I then followed the instructions as you described, restarting the iPad and then relinking to Dropbox and hitting 'Backup now'. I still get the same message that it is unable to connect to dropbox.

Frustration is mounting,

Ginger

More
10 years 1 week ago #4513 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Unable to backup
You should use iCloud as an alternative method. From main screen / Settings / iCloud , set as your default backup system, and then tap on Backup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ingerjay