Seating plan problem

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #4498 by CharlieVaughan
Seating plan problem was created by CharlieVaughan
In the seating plan view, I am missing the button which allows me to choose which data is displayed in my seating plan - essential!!!!
I am working in Full Size mode - does this make a difference? and if I change back will I lose any data that I have already put it?
Any help appreciated!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #4501 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Seating plan problem
Hi Charlie,
This is the button you're looking for.
Keep in mind that it will show the columns of the last tab you selected in the grade book view.

Attachments:

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #4502 by bert
Or if you mean the seating plan in badge mode, which lets you choose 5 different fields,
this is the option

Attachments:

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #4503 by CharlieVaughan
Replied by CharlieVaughan on topic Seating plan problem
Thanks Bert,

The problem is that it doesn't show the columns of the tab I want, it will only do that for the columns I have imported onto another tab......
Any ideas?

Also I have just tried this out with another class, whose tabs I imported from the 1st class, and it worked! It doesn't seem to work with columns created in the tab, only with ones imported or copied. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong??

Thanks for you help so far!!
Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by CharlieVaughan. Reason: added comment

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #4504 by CharlieVaughan
I have got around the problem by copying and pasting the original column into the same tab..... (Bizarrely this has allowed the information that I needed to come up on the seating plan (along with the defunct column that showed no data) )
.... and then deleting the original column.

Thanks for your help

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #4505 by bert
Before moving into the seating plan to configure the badge you should make sure you have the tab containing the column you'd like to include on screen. That should avoid the extra step of having to copy the column!
The following user(s) said Thank You: CharlieVaughan

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #4506 by CharlieVaughan
Thanks Bert,

Yes I did make sure that I was in the right tab before moving into the seating plan. Believe me I tried every which way! but for some reason the particular column would not show any data. Once it was copied and pasted into the same tab it miraculously showed all my marks and flags etc etc next to each student, which is how I need it.

I'm not sure what was going on! Anyway, sorted now, in a way.

I am seriously loving this app by the way! It's even making marking more enjoyable!!

Thanks for your help!