Can't Upload file from IE 11

• ehuang@leekfederatin.org.uk
More
10 years 1 month ago #4443 by ehuang@leekfederatin.org.uk
Can't Upload file from IE 11 was created by ehuang@leekfederatin.org.uk
Hello iDoceo,
I have been trying to upload file from my PC to iDoceo, I am using Windows 7 32 bit, IE 11, in one computer I can upload file without any problem, but in some computers, it is saying need a browser that support HTML 5, but they are all Windows 7 32 bit and running IE 11. I think it is to do with some setting for IE or the computer? What settings do I need to be able to upload file from IE 11.
Thanks
Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #4444 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Can't Upload file from IE 11
Hi there Eric,
Let me look into it and I'll get back to you with the solution (hopefully!)

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #4446 by bert
Hi Eric,
I've just tried with IE11 on Windows 7 (32 bits) and apparently everything works out of the box.
Here is a test you should do on the machine that doesn't work, open this web at html5test.com
and let me know if you get the same score I do.
Here a screenshot of that test on our side.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by bert.

• ehuang@leekfederatin.org.uk
More
10 years 1 month ago #4449 by ehuang@leekfederatin.org.uk
Replied by ehuang@leekfederatin.org.uk on topic Can't Upload file from IE 11
Hi Bert,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I tried the website you told me, with my administrator account and staff user account, they both have 365 points, but still, when I log on as staff user, it won't let me upload the file, keeps saying need a browser that support html5. But on the same machine, when I log on as administrator, then it lets me. It seems to me it is something to do with the security settings for the staff user?
Thanks a lot.
Eric

More
10 years 1 month ago #4456 by bert
Yup, it seems that way.

Here is another page that may give us more info. This is a more recent version of the library we're using in iDoceo.

It won't actually upload anything, but try to drag&drop your files in the box before 'Progressive enhancement' and let me know how that worked for you. Pay special attention to the 'uploader type' shown.

yuilibrary.com/yui/docs/uploader/uploader-dd.html

If you see the same 'browser does not support html5' message try the same address with https: in front. Maybe the security settings in IE11 require SSL for that.