Help- app crashing when entering data

More
10 years 5 months ago #4084 by Special Mummy
Help- app crashing when entering data was created by Special Mummy
Over the last few days I have been entering lots of text and icon ticks into the grade book and the app has crashed several times. The screen freezes and I have to shut down my ipad with the side button. Thankfully I have not lost any information entered but it is frustrating as I have to wait a good 5 min for it to close down before I can open it again and keep working.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #4085 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Help- app crashing when entering data
That is weird...
Are you working by any chance with more than 150-200 columns on the same tab?

On the other hand, closing the app should only be a matter of a couple of seconds at most...

You should try to restart your iPad by pressing both the home and top buttons simultaneously until the 'Restart iPad' message appears. No data will be lost with this.

If still can't sort it out, and if you don't have any inconvenient, you could send us a backup of your data and we'll give it a thorough look.

Kind regards,
Bert

More
10 years 5 months ago #4086 by Special Mummy
Replied by Special Mummy on topic Help- app crashing when entering data
I have 11 tabs for this class and only 5 columns across for the particular tab I was working in.
My first column consists of tick icons and my next two columns are text. I am kindly teacher and I typed in the kids responses to a question. It often crashed when I was entering text. The screen just froze. I tried the click of the button and the side button but it didn't seem to respond. It stayed frozen. I am also using a blue tooth keyboard - not sure if this had any thing to do with it!

More
10 years 5 months ago #4087 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Help- app crashing when entering data
If you're working on iOS7 that could be the cause, but can't say for sure. The people at Apple are working on 7.0.4 and 7.1 updates.
If you've already restarted your iPad, and the issue persists, you could send us the backup, but if the problem is linked to the OS... there isn't much we can do on our side!

More
10 years 5 months ago #4088 by Special Mummy
Replied by Special Mummy on topic Help- app crashing when entering data
Yes I have upgraded to ios7. Thanks for your help and prompt replies. I have only been using the app for assessment at the moment and am looking at using it as my day book next year but don't want it to crash too often or it will just be too frustrating!!!