Events view and Day views

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #3919 by Smiffy
Events view and Day views was created by Smiffy
Is it possible to change the events screen into a view of this week rather than the whole month?
Also can the day screen be made to fit so that you don't have to scroll through it if you have larger number of periods (I have 7). I can add these to ideas for next version if not.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Smiffy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #3923 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Events view and Day views
Hi Smiffy,

Is it possible to change the events screen into a view of this week rather than the whole month?

Not yet. The idea was to integrate those events with the current schedule view, which probably makes more sense. We'll see!

Also can the day screen be made to fit so that you don't have to scroll through it if you have larger number of periods (I have 7)

You can now pinch to zoom in&out from the planner (both day and week) and schedule views to fit the screen. The text size will remain the same though...

Give it a try and let me know how that worked for you

More
10 years 6 months ago #3947 by Smiffy
Replied by Smiffy on topic Events view and Day views

Not yet. The idea was to integrate those events with the current schedule view, which probably makes more sense. We'll see!

I see the advantages to the events screen offering a monthly overview - I think i'm right in saying that it's the only screen showing a month calendar? Having said this, in my case, I am starting to use it to see what the whole school diary says. This is a centrally managed read-only calendar and each day does tend to contain rather a lot of items from across the school! As a result these tend not to fit that well on a full month overview and items get rather truncated. I can click each day to get a better breakdown but I wondered if a weekly snapshot would allow me to get a better summary of the school diary without having to open up each day. I am aware that calendar events can be obtained through other routes (eg via the class) but I can see the events screen as a helpful snapshot for the week personally.

You can now pinch to zoom in&out from the planner (both day and week) and schedule views to fit the screen. The text size will remain the same though...

Oops - should have tried this first! Having said that I can get it to zoom down to showing 6 periods but not 7. Text size remaining the same and potentially overspilling the box is not a problem, I just wondered whether the day screen would provide an instant snapshot a bit like the events screen mentioned above. It's not a big problem. I have 2 tutor sessions and 5 class periods a day so this is where the 7 periods comes from.