Random picker

• Amber
10 years 7 months ago #3814 by Amber
Random picker was created by Amber
Hi, my partner teacher and I both use and love idoceo! However, I noticed that when she uses her random picker it cycles through only one student before it picks. When I use my random picker it cycles through a lot of students before it picks one. I love this feature, but because it cycles through so many students, there is some down time between me calling on students for questions. Is there a way to set how many students it cycles through before it makes a choice? Thanks again for such an awesome app. I have been sharing with everyone I work with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3815 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Random picker
Hello Amber,
In the current version 3.0 it is an all or nothing setting, but we'll see what I can do about that cycle option you need in a future update.
You'll find the option to enable/disable it on the main screen / Settings / Seating plan

Attachments:

• Amber
10 years 7 months ago #3831 by Amber
Replied by Amber on topic Random picker
Thank you so much for the quick response. I turned off the roulette mode and like it much better. Thanks again

More
9 years 11 months ago #4528 by fortemac
Replied by fortemac on topic Random picker
My roulette picker keeps picking the same students over and over. I use it everyday in every class. I mark which students have been selected for a task by putting a simple yes icon by their name (on the seating chart screen). Is there anyway to keep it from selecting the ones I have marked on this open screen?
Cyndy

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #4529 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Random picker
Hi Cyndy,
In the current version, the roulette will reset the 'picker memory' if you switch classes.
This will be improved in our upcoming update and you won't have to add any icon by their name, it will be done automatically and you'll see who's been picked right away.
Here an image.

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by bert.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kathleen, fortemac

More
9 years 11 months ago #4530 by fortemac
Replied by fortemac on topic Random picker
That's perfect!