Lost Data with upgrade - EDIT - FIXED!!!!!!!

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #3702 by Dover
Fixed my own problem - all good

Hi Bert,
Been a happy user, the new upgrade looks good but ive lost ALL my daybook data for the entire year, and it doesnt come back with using my backup from before the upgrade.

I had created a class called Daybook. When i went into that class, and the calendar tab, i would write all my lesson plans and any issues from that class in the class section at the bottom of the right hand 'page'. Any other notes from the day went into the top part of that page.
Those notes are still there. But the daybook entries for each class are gone.

With the upgrade, the calendar shows the classes timetabled for that day, which is great.
But when i go back a week, before the upgrade, the timetable does not exist and none of the classes are listed on the notes page. every class in the timetable used to be listed everyday.
Hope that makes sense?

Anyway, all my registration data and lesson history for the whole year is gone. As i said, i have backups, but it doesnt come back when that is imported.

Any help? Would importing the timetable back from Jan 1 bring the data back??
EDIT - THIS DID THE TRICK

Thanks,
Dover
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Dover.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3703 by Dover
Replied by Dover on topic Lost Data with upgrade
Got it!!!!!! :cheer:

I did have to re-do the timetable back to January 1 this year and it all came back. A work colleague helped sort it out.
Sorry to be a bother!!!!
Still love the app :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #3708 by bert
Glad to hear, thanks for letting me know.

This was a huge update, and we took really good care of all our current users data, but transitioning from the old schedule system to the new one still needed some additional tweaking to suit the brand new calendar.

Regards