Backup to WebDav?

More
10 years 7 months ago #3603 by howartp
Backup to WebDav? was created by howartp
Hi.

My teachers are absolutely raving about the new v3 - got an email from our iDoceo leader with hashtag #wettingmyselfwithexcitement shortly after it's release yesterday!

Regarding WebDAV backup, which is a welcome addition - I'm struggling to see if this is working.

I've added our WebDAV settings, but I can't see anything happening when I hit 'Backup now'.

Can I tell iDoceo which path to use in WebDAV? The first folder of our WebDAV server is read-only, as it contains 'Student Shared Area', 'Staff Shared Area', 'Admin resources', etc... - I need to set iDoceo to backup into subfolders?

Can we test / see logs as to what idoceo thinks is happening?

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3608 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Backup to WebDav?
Hi Peter, glad you like it.
The logs for WebDAV are disabled in our official release,but if you'd like to view the details, and don't have any inconvenient, you can send me your iPad's UDID to support@idoceo.net, and I'll prepare a log enabled version for you to try.
Regarding your server's path, it should be enough to add each folder separated with a slash in the server's address, in the form of https://mywebdavserver/folder1/folder2/mybackupsfolder/teacher . iDoceo will first try to connect to that domain, and will access each folder recursively.
On the other hand, if your folder names contain spaces, the path's format may need some tweaking. If that's the case, send me the complete path by mail, and we'll do some tests on our side to help you out with the configuration

If I can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to post

More
10 years 7 months ago #3609 by howartp
Replied by howartp on topic Backup to WebDav?
Hi Bert,

I've just sent my UDID through by email.

The iPad I use is for testing purposes within my (IT Support) office so it would be delighted to try the logging version.

Peter