Getting started for a Primary School Classroom

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #1128 by Paulamarie
Hi, I have just purchased my iPad and am itching to get started with this app. I just need some advice on the best set up for me as a primary school teacher with only one class but different grade boundaries/calculation of test scores per subject. Is it best to set up my one class as separate classes per subject or does each new page created allow you to calculate scores with different grade results? Ideally, I want to be able to set up grade books for Science, English, Maths and change the way I calculate each one. Think this is an excellent app :)
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Paulamarie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #1131 by bert
Welcome Paulamarie,

Each tab can hold its own calculations and columns, they are independent (they only share students) so , I think the best approach, as you suggest, is to create a single class and add as many tabs as you need to.

pros:
- The diary is unique for each class, so having a single class will allow you to have all information in sight

- I guess attendance is taken into account one time for the whole day, so you can have a separate tab for that.

- The seating plan is unique for each class too... you only have to do this once if you want to! (this may be a con if you need several seating plans per subject/class)

- There is a nice summary option in each student which will allow you to include columns from different tabs at once from all your subjects.

cons:
- I can't really think of any... probably that the schedule will always direct you to the same class...

Thanks for contacting us! If more questions arise please let us know.

More
11 years 6 months ago #1133 by Paulamarie
Thank you for such a speedy and comprehensive response. :)