Our next release 2.6

• Brett
11 years 2 months ago #2660 by Brett
Replied by Brett on topic Our next release 2.6
Hi. As many have mentioned this is a excellent app with some really great potential! For me there are a few things I'd love to see (Please say if this is already possible!)

1. Additional calculations such as 'counts' E.g how many absences, how many lates. Is there a way to calculate the instances of certain icons?

2. (Linked to point 1) Some simple operators in the calculation screen would really help to simplify and expand on functionality. I realise it's not a spreadsheet but any other functions would be a god send!

3. A 'master organiser' separate to individual diaries. For example I currently use a copy of my timetable with space to write where I got up to last lesson. I have a lot of repeat lessons and it gets confusing very quickly! I realise you can simply add to the class diaries but having the info in one place would be very useful for me. I sent you a pic of what I mean, it's easier to see it then explain it!

4. Copy calculatons - which you said you're already working on. Thanks for this!

Keep up the great work. Word I spreading about this app...

Cheers,

Brett.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 2 months ago #2661 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Our next release 2.6
Hi Brett,
1 and 2 Noted, we'll try to add some additional functions for specific uses instead of the actual more generic ones which are difficult to use in some cases. Our point is to have spreadsheet like operations without its complexities taking care of our users requests so... work is still in progress!

3. Thanks for the pic, we'll try to have something exactly like that ,maybe a bit prettier :P

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brett Huckstep
  • Brett
11 years 2 months ago #2662 by Brett
Hi Bert - great news about point 1 and 2 - it will really help. I appreciate the challenge to keep the work flow as simple for most users as possible whilst allowing others like me to get lost in analysis :cheer:

Hey - my weekly planner is plenty pretty...until I start writing on it! :P So anything that removes the need for my hand writing will be significantly more attractive!

Question: (Apologies if off topic)
While I'm here, rather than open another thread about this - am I missing something with the attendance circle graph in the student data screen? I produced an attendance sheet for this term and have a calculated field (that skips blanks) that gives me the current attendance figure...omitting those days on the sheet yet to come. However, when I double click on the student data screen it seems to be including all the cells, even future dates. It states total =24 (Correct number of days for entire term) 15 presents, 0 Abs. This student has 100% attendance so far but the calculation is referring to all 24 cells rather than the 15 that have occurred far - giving her an attendance figure of 62%. Is there a way to configure the 'total' for only the days that have occurred so far? Hope that makes sense!

Many thanks - great work going on here Bert! I shall be spreading the word...

Brett
  • Brett
11 years 2 months ago #2663 by Brett
Duh... I think I've found the answer to my above Question. If you click on the last date entry in the data screen it gives you a partial attendance graph underneath. So... the only problem I have now is if I need to make an authorised absence e.g students missed class due to an exam. Is there a way to do this? Currently I only see present/absence/late.

I could make a calculation for this but it wouldn't link with the data screen's pretty circle graph - that's a nice feature you could use on parent's evening to show individual data rather than the whole class. So I guess it's a request - back on topic again :cheer:

Btw, Is there a reference manual available? If so I'll dig in, I always search the forum and How to guides first.

Cheers.
More
11 years 2 months ago #2666 by bert
@Brett,
The idea behind attendance in iDoceo is to create the current day columns as they come, without creating them in advance (you can do that though). Here you'll find some details on this , i.e. how to create a column for today's attendance from the seating plan or the gradebook
If you tap on the gear icon when on gradebook view, you'll have the attendance configuration which will allow you to assign an additional state and a second icon for attendance.
They are not taken into account for the circle graph, but the fourth icon will be counted in the summary.
We still don't have that reference manual as we develop faster than we can document... really hard to keep up. Some instructional videos are coming and we'll keep adding more How-tos, don't hesitate to post your questions here or create a new topic for it . I know it isn't ideal but we're a small team for the job!
More
11 years 2 months ago #2667 by Brett Huckstep
Replied by Brett Huckstep on topic Our next release 2.6
Thanks for the rationale behind the attendance - that actually helps quite a bit. I guess it's in my nature to be perpetually 'counting down' to the end of term, I like to see the road ahead grow smaller!

No worries about the manual - I'm happy to post here. Thanks again for the support. Impressive stuff!

Now... back to seeing if I can produce an absence field by subtracting columns. I've done it using percentages in a grade book, I should be able to do it using frequencies. It beats doing the marking I'm supposed to be doing...

Cheers.
More
11 years 2 months ago #2668 by welshkirsten
Replied by welshkirsten on topic Our next release 2.6
Hi Bert,
Loving the app and spreading the word.
I would love to see in the next update being able to use coloured fonts in the diary. This is because I'm a visual leaner and would colour code for homework, lessons and notes. I did want to be able to see all my classes in one diary and since the last update I can see what is planned but I like being able to see one class at a time and plan for the week that way. I find it much easier.
The second wish is for timer, not so much for lessons start and finish but for timed tasks.
Thanks for making me almost paper free. :)
More
11 years 2 months ago #2670 by bert
HI welshkirsten,
We'll try to add the colour codes but we are kind of limited with its at the moment because we must provide iPad1 compatiblity ,at least for a while longer, and this would be easier to do with iOS6 . Noted!

Not sure where to put those timers in iDoceo! I'll give it a thought though

Regards
More
11 years 2 months ago #2688 by Brett Huckstep
Replied by Brett Huckstep on topic Our next release 2.6
Tweaks to attendance request:

Just a couple of ideas regarding the attendance function...

1 . Would it be possible to add an 'authorised absence' option to go with present/absent/late? Could this be picked up by the data radar graph, that would be really helpful!

2. Any chance of automatically including the day along with the date in the column? A 3 letter field for the day would be great... If you alter the height of the column it automatically aligns vertically, giving you enough room to show the whole term.

As ever... Many thanks!
More
11 years 2 months ago #2690 by bert
Hi Brett,
About 1. We're almost there, you now can now add a fourth icon/concept in attendance settings but it doesn't add up in the graph or in the seating plan

About 2. It was an old granted wish ! You'll find here the details on how to do it
Set date format