iDoceo 8.6.0 with MS Teams integration now available in the App Store!

More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #30840 by bert
Version 8.6 of iDoceo with lots of interesting details and improvements is now available in the app Store.
Thanks to all the beta testers that made this release possible.
Please use this link to update
apps.apple.com/app/apple-store/id4771209...&ct=Homepage_es&mt=8

Below the most important improvements.
If any of these are not explained as they should be, or you want more details, do let me know.
  • Integration with MS Teams for Education.
    You can create classes from MSTeams, import and export tasks with their grades.
    For the first access, the MS Teams administrator must give permission to iDoceo users in their organization. They can do this directly from the application or at this link: teams.idoceo.net
  • Tags
    In column tags, you have a new 'Ungraded' that will automatically remove that column from any calculation.
    The name of that label can be modified in Options > Notebook In the attendance column settings, you can assign a default label
    There is now a specific tag label calculation (add column > Calculation) that takes into account all the labels in the current tab.
  • File import
    Updated to new formats from EdPuzzle, Moodle, and Socrative
  • Gradebook
    New Overall calculation, frozen (next to students names) that takes all columns into account automatically.
    Improved student annotations in cell, automatically displays all associated resources

The 'Show grade type' option is displayed more clearly

In the automatic editor (default), it shows the maximum value of the grade for numerical grades.
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 1 week ago by bert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #30843 by Ben_E
Replied by Ben_E on topic iDoceo 8.6.0 available in the App Store!
Thank you, it works very nicely. Our admin updated to 8.6 and then we were able to authenticate at a school level. The only problem I have encountered is that going via either the iOS or the iPadOS app to add Teams causes an MSALErrorDomain -50000 error, whereas going via my MacBook doesn't. The only thing that is different is that both the mobile devices have an authenticator app (Microsoft Authenticator) which opens up for the signing in to Microsoft, and the error occurs when it passes back control to iDoceo. However, the Mac doesn't use an authenticator, so it worked first time with no issues. What it means though is that both the iOS and iPadOS versions are no longer connected to OneDrive for backup either, so I can't be sure that the installs I have across the three devices are properly in sync any more?

Did anything like this come up in the beta? If so, what solution did people come up with?

More
1 year 6 days ago #30844 by bert
Replied by bert on topic iDoceo 8.6.0 available in the App Store!
Thanks for the feedbck Ben_E, I'll to reproduce it on our side and send you an updated Beta version in case you can give it a try.

More
1 year 6 days ago - 1 year 6 days ago #30845 by bert
It will be addressed in a very minor update, 8.6.1 as soon as approved for the App Store. It shouldn't take more than a couple of days
Last edit: 1 year 6 days ago by bert.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben_E

More
1 year 6 days ago #30846 by Ben_E
Thank you - I’ve entered the TestFlight and 8.6.1 seems to work fine with authentication now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bert

• potato
1 year 6 days ago - 1 year 6 days ago #30849 by potato
Replied by potato on topic iDoceo 8.6.0 available in the App Store!
Works great! Thanks for the constant updates and new features!
Last edit: 1 year 6 days ago by potato.

More
1 year 2 days ago #30857 by Ben_E
Hello again,

I've just noticed another slight bug, and it might be related to the authentication fix. Since the 8.6.1 TestFlight / 8.6.2 release, if I try and link a group to Teams, it pulls through a list of Teams but they are all the archived ones, and none of the current ones. The only current ones that show up are the ones I linked using the MacOS 8.6 version prior to the fix. I've tried deleting some really old archived Teams from the 2019/20 year just in case there's an issue with the number of teams being imported, but all it does is reduce the number of teams showing up in the link dialog. It doesn't seem to be pulling through anything else.

I'm not sure if this is a configuration issue on our side or something to do with the authentication fix. It's not generating any error codes so I can't provide much more information than that I'm afraid. Sorry to be a pain!

More
1 year 1 day ago #30858 by bert
Thanks for the feedback Ben_E.
I'd need more feedback on this. I'll prepare a special Beta version for you to try so that you can send me some additional inisignt

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #30867 by Ben_E
Hi Bert,

Thank you for that - I've received the email for the update to 8.6.3, but it's not showing up in TestFlight for me - I gave it a couple of days just in case it needed to update a manifest or something at Apple's end but I've just checked again and it's still showing 8.6.1 as the current TestFlight version.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #30868 by bert
Let me know if anything has changed and if you're on 8.6.3, send me when you have a chance the info you see upon adding classes from MS Teams