RTF Files

More
8 years 7 months ago #5767 by cr
RTF Files was created by cr
Hi

I am really struggling to auto assign the photos when importing from an RTF file. I have changed the ID (Admission number in Sims.net) to @id so it should be able to match against the student data I have already imported. They have the @id in the profile and all is well from that point of view.

The RFT file loads, the pictures appear at the bottom of the screen but they won't auto-assign. I am only able to move photos by dragging and dropping, which is fine for students I know. But as the new year is starting there is a lot of students I don't know yet and can't assign photo to student easily. Is there a help article that you could point me to as I must be doing something wrong. I know this is only an experimental feature, but I read that this should work, from a post by another user.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #5768 by bert
Replied by bert on topic RTF Files
Hello CR,
The RTF file should contain your students names and that is the field that iDoceo takes into account. They should match the students in your grade book.
If by any chance you can send a sample we'll give a look.

More
8 years 7 months ago #5773 by cr
Replied by cr on topic RTF Files
Thank you for your quick response Bert. I have removed the ID field, and made sure the name and photo are the only fields in the RTF file. It still doesn't work. Do the column headings (see attached) need to be anything specific?

The student names are exactly the same, same order.

thanks Bert.

Attachments:

More
8 years 7 months ago #5774 by bert
Nope but maybe the RTF format isn't what we expected. We only had a single sample to work with and it was manually modified by the user.
If by any chance you can send us a sample we will give it a try.

More
8 years 7 months ago #5775 by cr
Replied by cr on topic RTF Files
As much as I would like to send you the file, I can't due to school rules. The file is in a RTF format, but Sims.net produces the report as a table in columns with headings. I have noticed that the pictures don't appear at all, when you remove the column headings.

More
8 years 7 months ago #5776 by bert
I'm afraid it won't work then. As soon as we receive a sample we will be able to work on it.