Adding in a lesson deletes the previous lesson

More
8 years 10 months ago #5492 by CBuckley
I'm a new user to iDoceo and enjoying it so far. I've been inputting my schedule and all was fine until today. I tried to copy a lesson to a Wednesday but it kept deleting the previous lesson. If I copy the same lesson to another day it's fine. What can I do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #5493 by bert
Welcome CBuckley,
When configuring the schedule (or copying a lesson) make sure the target Period is empty and it is not assigned to a class already.

I'm guessing that you have a class on Wednesday with the same Period that you are trying to copy from another day, that is why it is deleted.
You should directly add the lesson on Wednesday making sure you are using a different period.
If still can't sort it out do let me know.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #5494 by CBuckley
Replied by CBuckley on topic Adding in a lesson deletes the previous lesson
Thanks for your reply. I tried again to add a lesson to period 8 (13.45-14.40) on Wednesday, starting from scratch. That was fine. When I tried to add a meeting time of 14.45 - 15.30 it deleted the period 8 lesson. It doesn't have an existing lesson in already and I only have 1 class (primary teacher) therefore only 1 schedule.

ETA: I tried it on a different week and now when I copy lessons over or add them in it deletes other lessons either above it or next to it.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by CBuckley. Reason: Add information

More
8 years 10 months ago #5495 by bert
Configure again the period 8 lesson and when you have a chance, send me these particular screenshots:
- Tap and hold on Wednesday, add add your meeting time , do not press on ok take a screenshot
- Again, before pressing on ok, tap on the Period field and take that screenshot as well

More
8 years 10 months ago #5496 by CBuckley
Replied by CBuckley on topic Adding in a lesson deletes the previous lesson
Ok, I've added the screen shots. I hope the show you what you need to see. I've added in a couple of extra to show you what happens when I press ok.
Attachments:

More
8 years 10 months ago #5497 by bert
I may be missing something something but I'm not sure how the 'Topic' lesson appears after adding 'Chocolate planning'. Other than that, is Wednesday properly configured?
As a possible alternative, you should consider configuring the schedule from the calendar view.
Tap on Calendar (on the ruler) > Day > Tap on a day and add your classes here. This may be easier for you. Give it a try