COpying seating plan to different classes

More
1 year 7 months ago #10652 by JTWright1
Out of necessity I have created a rather involved seating plan for one of my classes. Since I teach Elementary music I have a total of 22 different classes, all with the same seating arrangement. I have yet to find a way to copy a seating template that I created to different classes. Whenever I try to copy to another class, it won't let me because the student roster isn't the same. This really needs to be an option for situations like mine. I don't particularly like the idea of recreating this arrangement 21 more times.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #10653 by bert
Hello JTWright1,
I plan on improving this in the near future.
Would it work for you if the Tools > Group automatically option would let you choose a disposition of a different class?
The thing is that despite repeating the template, you'd have to assign/swap students to the right position.
Let me know your thoughts on this.

The 'real' solution which should be ready soon is to create those templates with placeholders but let me know if the previous alternative would solve anything.

More
1 year 7 months ago #10655 by JTWright1
Replied by JTWright1 on topic COpying seating plan to different classes
Thank you for your quick response. Yes, the ideal solution is to build a "seating template creator" into the system so that teachers can construct their own templates and then access them; much like the templates that are pre-loaded. With the grid pattern in the seating plan, that seems like it might be functional.

In the meantime, I like your suggestion of using the Tools>Group Automatically tool. I think I could manage assigning or swapping students as needed.

I tried using the Multiple Selection tool to group students together to move en masse, but I felt it was strange that instead of assigning students to a group I had to remove students I didn't want in the group. So if I was moving 6 out of 24 students, I had to uncheck 18 students instead of checking only 6. It became too cumbersome.

Thanks again for working on this.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #30621 by bert
Hi there,
The first Beta with the seating plan placeholders I mentioned will be available next week.
It would be great If could join the Beta tests and provide some feedback before the official release.
If you're interested drop me a line from the app, tap on Help > Support&Suggestions and just mention
the Seating plan Beta.

Thanks
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by bert.