Tabs and Data

More
12 years 1 month ago #103 by SuAmigo
Tabs and Data was created by SuAmigo
Hello, Admin :)

I just started using this app, and I was wondering how to switch between tabs within a class without the data on the first tab disappearing while switching over to the second tab, etc. I have to use the back arrow to return to the original data, but it erases all the new columns I was adding on the second tab...?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go along, and I appreciate the way you keep up with the forum page on your website.

SuAmigo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #105 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Re: Tabs and Data
Hi SuAmigo ,
The idea behind tabs is to act as pages in a book, in our case a gradebook. With the difference that within tabs from the same gradebook you only share the students list.
So, in the main screen/blackboard you select the class/gradebook you want to work with and then the tab/page of that gradebook. It opens each class on the last selected tab for that class.

Usually each tab will hold different semesters or other concepts so you can focus on a specific semester one at a time instead of having a thousand columns on the same tab.

It shouldn't be necessary to use the back arrow to return to the original data, each tab in class holds its own information and taping on that tab should show it.
Please let us know if you solve it or if there is something else in it!
Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuAmigo

More
12 years 1 month ago #109 by SuAmigo
Replied by SuAmigo on topic Re: Tabs and Data
Thank you for your reply.

I think the question(s) I wanted to ask, after experimenting today, was how do I save the information on "page 1/tab 1", while creating new pages/tabs; because yesterday the data on page 1 would disappear after I created a new tab? I don't know what I did today, but the information was saved somehow, and there was no problem with any information disappearing on any of the pages...

My next question is do I have to use Dropbox, or can I just store all the information I need for my classroom use one my iPad? At the moment I don't know what our district's policy is about sending out information through 3rd party servers, and I don't want to take that risk until I know what their official position is. I would like to just keep everything secure on my iPad.

Again, thank you for your informative and speedy responses!

More
12 years 1 month ago #110 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Re: Tabs and Data
Hi Suamigo,
Glad you solved it ... somehow.
About Dropbox, it is just a convenient way to backup/import/export your data. It isn't required at all and I understand your concerns about a 3rd party server.
As an alternative to a Dropbox backup you can do a complete backup with iTunes, that will work as well and will only involve your computer.
Thanks