syncing annotations

More
3 years 6 months ago #9188 by tomka
syncing annotations was created by tomka
When I write annotations in students data, syncing deletes them.
It seems that changes last until I open iDoceo on my second device and open the annotation there.
Then the annotation seems to be overwritten with the empty annotation of my second device.
After a few seconds the annotation is empty on my first device also.

Kind regards, Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #9189 by bert
Replied by bert on topic syncing annotations
Hello Tom,
Please update to current iDoceo 7.0.8 or superior where this issue has been addressed.
Sorry for the inconvenience

apps.apple.com/app/apple-store/id477120941

More
3 years 6 months ago #9190 by tomka
Replied by tomka on topic syncing annotations
Thank you for your quick reply!

works almost perfectly now. But when deleting a whole annotation, the annotation remains on the second device. Other changes seem to sync now.

Is there a version history available somewhere? I can't find one. In the app store the version history is the same for all minor versions. It would be great to see if a bug is fixed or a feature is added that is concerning me needs. No need to do write very much, just a small hint about the changes.

One question concerning annotations in general: I thought that annotations are stored per student. But it seems that they are linked to a students class. Since I teach some of my students in different classes, it would be nice to have a possibility to have some annotations linked to a student, independently from the class. Is there a possibility for that?

More
3 years 6 months ago #9196 by bert
Replied by bert on topic syncing annotations
Thanks tomka, it will be improved in our next update.

Regarding your request, a couple of alternatives.

- Annotations are stored per class and student, independently.

- If you work with the 'Notes' section instead, which is a more powerful solution to 'Annotaitons' you will be able to easily switch between classes for that particular student from the bottom bar

- If you're dealing with simple texts/annotations you should consider using a custom field in the student's personal data sheet as explained here

www.idoceo.net/index.php/en/grade-book-a...personal-data-screen

You can then enable in Options (gear icon) > Options (gradebook) > Link student prsonal details across classes.

Whatever text you type in these personal fields will be copied to all the other classes as well.

If you need further details do let me know
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago #9197 by tomka
Replied by tomka on topic syncing annotations
Once again: Thank you for your great support!