2 Weeks sequence after half term

More
7 years 6 months ago #6451 by AndyPaul
I have had this program for a few years now and always duplicate my 2 weeks manually, I thought it time I find out why the program does not do what I expect.

Here's the problem.

1. I set up my year with the holidays, some times there is 2 weeks, sometimes there is 1.

2. I set up my first 2 weeks timetable.

3. I duplicate this 2 week cycle and ask for it to be pasted into the rest of the year.

4. When it reaches a 1 week break, all goes out of sync.

It would seem that even though I have set dates as a holiday it will still write the week in, I can't see it as it is set as a holiday. Here's my example :

October 21 we break up for a week, we have just completed week 1, so when we go back on the 31st October it should be week 2, but it's not, it is back to week 1.

Surely I am missing something here, why would it think that after a week holiday we would go back to the start again. On a 2 week break such as easter break etc, all is fine, because the 2 week cycle is put in the break.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #6452 by bert
Hello Andy,
You only have to do that copy after half term with the new sequence. Holidays do not alter the original sequence in any way.
From the schedule view, with Week 1 on sight tap on Copy.
Make sure your 'From' date starts after half term and Paste

A quick backup is advised before doing any of this in the calendar.

More
7 years 6 months ago #6453 by AndyPaul
Replied by AndyPaul on topic Planner goes out of sync for a week half term
Hi Bert,

Thanks for reply but I already do that, what I am asking is, is it not possible to take the first 2 week cycle and then copy it out throughout the year with the holidays being taken into consideration. The cycle does not change throughout the year so should be able to replicate the first 2 weeks up until July the next year.

I am reading basically that you can only duplicate a cycle for each half term and not the whole year in one go.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #6454 by bert
The criteria for an A/B week schedule are not the same everywhere.
iDoceo does not make assumptions and copies the A/B sequence within the dates you configure in the From/To, nothing else.
Changing the date for half term and tapping on Paste again isn't 'one go' but it isn't that difficult either!
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by bert. Reason: typo

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #6455 by AndyPaul
Replied by AndyPaul on topic Planner goes out of sync for a week half term
I have taught in 5 schools in my 30 year career and every one has carried on where they left off after a break, so as far as I can see, most people would benefit from this option being available.

Idoceo has just gone and lost a star on my feedback :(
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by AndyPaul.

More
7 years 6 months ago #6531 by tj007
I agree with Andy here. It's just a small option that will make the world of a difference. Time saved by teachers means they have more time for positive feedback!