No two weekdays are the same

More
7 years 7 months ago #6406 by MrsMattoon
No two weekdays are the same was created by MrsMattoon
Hi,
I'm very confused about how to enter my schedule.
For some classes, I see each group twice a week, once in the AM and once in the PM.
Some of those children are in both the AM and PM group. Some are just in one or the other.

For other classes, I see them only once a week.

My week might look like the list below (I haven't been given my '16-17 schedule yet), so, as you can imagine, I would really like to use my iDoceo planbook to help me remember when each lesson begins and ends, because every day is different. I go to the students' main classrooms, door to door.
Tuesday:
Mrs Smith's am-PK class 8:40-9:10
Mr. Jones's level 1 class 9:20-10:10
Mr. Jones's level 2 class 10:15-11:05
(every four lessons, I might see Mr. Jones's students all at once from 9:20-10:15)
sometimes recess duty 11:55-12:25
sometimes lunch duty, at a different time t.b.a.
Mrs. Mark's class 1:05-1:50
Mr. Example's class 1:55-2:40

Wednesday:
Mrs. Yellow's am-PK class 8:30-9:00
Mr. Red's class 9:00-9:30
Mrs. Blue's class 9:45--10:25
Mrs. Smith's pm-PK class: 12:35-1:05
Mrs. Yellow's pm-PK class: 1:20-1:50
Middle school: 1:55-2:55

Thursday:
School Assembly: 8:45-unknown
Mrs. Purple's class 9:05-9:35 (if the assembly doesn't run long)
Mr. Teal's class 9:40-10:10

...Etc.

I would like to use the planner capabilities of iDoceo more, but I can't get past the schedule confusion. Thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #6407 by bert
Replied by bert on topic No two weekdays are the same
Hi MrsMattoon,
iDoceo will let you create any sequence of days and weeks with its classes but if those sequences are never repeated you won´t be able to configure it automatically with iDoceo.
You will find the details on configuring simple weeks explained here
www.idoceo.net/index.php/en/planning-art...week-in-the-calendar
It can be done from the calendar view or directly from the schedule. You should focus on configuring those classes that follow a day/week(s)/cycle pattern and then add manually those classes that don´t. If still can´t sort it out and it does not suit your needs you may ask for a refund here at Apple
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrsMattoon

More
7 years 7 months ago #6409 by MrsMattoon
Replied by MrsMattoon on topic No two weekdays are the same
Thank you, Bert. I used the url that you posted, and someone to help, and was able to get some classes entered into my timetable via the Calendar area.

In theory, each Monday should be the same as the next Monday, and so on. But I had some confusion about what to enter for "period" because there are no predictable periods from day to day. I ended up solving this by creating 16 periods, one for each type of class, duty, and regular meeting that I encounter in a normal week. I haven't finished entering all of my information but I was able to get a little further in the process than before. I really appreciate your help!