Our next release 2.1

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #701 by bert
Our next release 2.1 was created by bert
As usual, once 2.0 is out we're working already in our next release please post here your suggestions or ideas for the next one
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by bert. Reason: Our next release will be called 2.5
The topic has been locked.
  • Allison
11 years 6 months ago #764 by Allison
Replied by Allison on topic Re: Our next release 2.1
I would love if you could include something simple for data collection. Like something like answer question correct yes or no.

Also from the attendance seating board it's a bit complicated for my special education life skills students to take attendance. I would love it if it was accessible more with pictures (ie: you click on the picture and automatically a check, x, and late show up).

Maybe with the planner add in a lesson plan feature like automatic topic, aim, do now, proceedure, practice, evalulation.

O ther than that it's a great app!
More
11 years 6 months ago #767 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Re: Our next release 2.1
Hi Allison,
We'll think about it! I like the yes/no idea, it is a bit like the attendance check, but we'll try to improve it.
Did you try the seating plan attendance mode? It is explained in detail here
Thanks for contacting us!
  • Neil
11 years 6 months ago #836 by Neil
Replied by Neil on topic Re: Our next release 2.1
Hi Bert, this app keeps getting better and better. I have recommend it to my work colleagues, they think it is fantastic.

Here are a few suggestions:

1. For us here in Australia, would it be possible to add an option to have the attendance date format dd/mm or dd mmm rather than mm/dd ?

Eg 07/09 or 07 Sep

2. A lesson planner (this may have been suggested before)

3. An option to customise the column default properties. So that when you add a new column, it will have your custom attributes, eg colour, width etc. I would find this helpful when adding a new column for attendance.

Keep up the fantastic work you are doing !!!
Neil ;)
More
11 years 6 months ago #837 by bert
Welcome back Neil,
Glad you like it!

About your suggestions:
1-(date) You can do it already! Here is the article that explains it in detail . Our users in UK had this very same problem.

2-(planner) Yup, we're working on it already, we've been collecting some images from our users to know what they expect in their planner , if you don't mind sending me a screenshot or a scan (or anything!) about what you are using now it would help a lot.

3-(new column) Absolutely, with so many choices it is a bit tedious to create new columns. You have an option though , which I think it is enabled by default (check it out in System settings/iDoceo) that says something about inheriting properties from the last created column, but we'll improve it anyway. Here the description of those options

Thanks
  • Jason
11 years 6 months ago #840 by Jason
Replied by Jason on topic Re: Our next release 2.1
Just starting to use the app and I really like it.

One of the big things for me would be the ability to NOT use dropbox, but rather iTunes or direct import for updating classes. We (our school board) are not allowed to use the dropbox service with student info due to privacy issues.

Thanks
  • Jason
11 years 6 months ago #841 by Jason
Replied by Jason on topic Re: Our next release 2.1
Oh, I almost forgot. A way to export attendance for only one specific column and email it. This would let me use iDoceo for submitting attendance to the office for each period and get away from paper.
More
11 years 6 months ago #846 by bert
Hi Jason,
About using Dropbox to update classes, there are alternative methods, the only thing that you must manage is to get the CSV into your iPad (maybe into an USB harddisk like app?) and then use some 'Open In' or 'Export' function in that app, iDoceo will appear in the available apps as long as the file is a CSV.

We improved the import function to accept information from virtually any app that accepts files, but we keep referring to Dropbox for our convenience!
Maybe some gentle user can provide more info on an app that supports this, I'll look into it and let you know.

About the attendance report, you can actually do it. It isn't a single tap feature but isn't difficult either. You need to use the Report (expert mode) then from iBooks send it via e-mail. You've got the details explained here
I created a small sample with a single column, give it a look, you can add as many as you need to. I think that will help, we'll improve the attendance reports though.

Thanks for contacting us!

File Attachment:

File Name: attendance.pdf
File Size:35 KB
Attachments:
More
11 years 6 months ago #900 by Niteo
Replied by Niteo on topic Re: Our next release 2.1
Tout d'abord, félicitations pour cette mise à jour qui apporte de belles nouveautés.

Quelques regrets cependant :

1) dans les données des élèves, je remarque qu'il est impossible de supprimer ou modifier les sous-catégories du menu SYSTEM si bien que je conserve des lignes qui ne sont pas remplies ou qui ne correspondent à aucune des infos qui m'interessent. Cette fonction ne semble accessible que dans les données personnalisables pour les élèves.

2) toujours dans les données élèves, certaines des informations que je veux rajouter ne sont pas nécessaires (ou peuvent même être différentes) d'une classe à l'autre. Pourquoi ne pas envisager de fixer ces modifications de données sur une classe quand c'est nécessaire ?

3) toujours dans les données élèves, il est dommage de ne pouvoir organiser l'ordre d'apparition des cases à remplir par un simple glisser/monter descendre.

Encore merci de vos efforts. Je n'ai pas encore fait le tour des possibilités de cette appli qui m'enchante de plus en plus.
More
11 years 6 months ago #901 by bert
Salut Niteo,
Nous allons essayer d'améliorer ces questions!
Je ne suis pas sûr de la numéro 2 , il peut être un peu fastidieux de spécifier des champs différents pour chaque classe, et ayant des champs communs et des champs singuliers sera une configuration complexe! Quoi qu'il en soit, nous allons y réfléchir.
Merci