iDoceo 4.5

More
8 years 10 months ago #5502 by bert
iDoceo 4.5 was created by bert
iDoceo 4 is now available in the app store. Let's talk about the future and what you'd like to see next
The following user(s) said Thank You: Purple-linzi, abalayn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #5503 by Purple-linzi
Replied by Purple-linzi on topic iDoceo 4.5
Liking the update already and I haven't tried everything out yet
Thanks

More
8 years 10 months ago #5504 by Kathleen
Replied by Kathleen on topic iDoceo 4.5
I downloaded the update this evening and have begun exploring it. Wow! Major update indeed! Thank you Bert. I've already played a tiny bit with the "textDrop" option.... Looks like just the thing I need to easily record common observations I make during class. Great! Looking forward to examining the other new tools you've added. B)

More
8 years 10 months ago #5508 by bert
Replied by bert on topic iDoceo 4.5
Thank you @Purple-linzi, @Kathleen.

@Kathleen, you are the very first to mention the textDrop feature, let's hope others find it useful as well!
You should be able to organize all those text in groups and create unlimited sublevels of other groups and texts. We tried to avoid having a unique list of hundreds of observations but we still need some feedback on that. Let me know how that works for you.

More
8 years 8 months ago #5592 by Cmcg26
Replied by Cmcg26 on topic iDoceo 4.5
The only thing I'd love to see is the ability to annotate PDFs or word files rather than just previewing them.
As a maths teacher i have departmental schemes of work to follow. I currently have these as word files on the bulletin boards of each class but I'd love to be able to tick off topics as they are covered or time stamp them.

More
8 years 8 months ago #5594 by Emilie
Replied by Emilie on topic iDoceo 4.5
Something small hopefully but could be useful to many :)

I sometimes teach classes in different rooms. I tried to rename the seating plans to the rooms i am in but I can't find that option.

Thank you Bert! Your app is fab and so many in my school use it now... I think i have spread the word well, even in the primary department! I often get asked to give INSET on the app and thanks to your forum and your 'how to' files, it's a breeze :)

More
8 years 8 months ago #5595 by bert
@Cmcg26 Noted! We must gain some traction first in the app store but those annotations are in our to-dos

@Emilie Thanks! Here is what you are looking for. Give those notes a try, they may be useful as well

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emilie

More
8 years 8 months ago #5606 by Emilie
Replied by Emilie on topic iDoceo 4.5
Wow, Bert, this is awesome!!! Love it, love it, love it!
Will pass it on to my colleagues, they'll be very happy with this addition :)

More
8 years 8 months ago #5631 by Nick@jhgs
Replied by Nick@jhgs on topic iDoceo 4.5
Hi - thanks for your hard work. The updates are great. I too have had a number of staff ask for inset on idoceo and lots of staff now use it.

Big thing in our school this year is homework being electronic for the students. Any planner app for students that could link to teacher's for homework setting and/or submission?

Keep up the great work!

More
8 years 8 months ago #5633 by bert
Thanks Nick, we had this in our roadmap but since Apple has added that feature in iTunes U we won't be able to compete with that.
Let's see how iTunes U turns out!