Automatically add attendance % to column cell.

More
6 years 9 months ago #6920 by mreade
Is there a way to automatically insert a student's attendance % into a column's cell? For example, I have been taking daily attendance during the course. If I double tap a student's name on the tab where I've been tracking attendance, then select "Attendance," the window displays a circular graph with the student's attendance %, for this example let us say that is 84%.

I would like to show the 84% in a cell in a different column on a different tab. Can I capture this value then insert the percentage value in a cell located on a different tab?

Not sure if I have explained this correctly or not. Please let me know.

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #6921 by bert
Hello Mike,
Here is the calculation you need.
Store it in your iCloud Drive, main directory so that you can locate it easily in the next step

From the attendance tab > add column > Multiple columns > Import template and select this file

File Attachment:

File Name: Attendance...n.idoceo
File Size:1 KB

Attachments:

More
6 years 9 months ago #6922 by mreade
Bert,

I cannot tell you how useful this solution will be as I learn more and more about this app's functionality and power. Being able to find a solution to this request allows me to provide instant feedback to students, other team instructors, etc. at a moments notice and WITHOUT having to log into the college's official grading/attendance record keeping service.

The iDoceo calculations match the college's records "perfectly!"

Man, you are a wizard at this stuff and I am sure glad I found this in the App Store. Kudos.

BTW...I posted a 10-start review in the App Store.

Cheers,

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: bert