Attach student papers to grade book?

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #9711 by pauhana658
Attach student papers to grade book? was created by pauhana658
Love playing the "I wonder if idoceo can..." game. Nine times out of ten,* idoceo can!

Here's one I'm working on now...I've set up classes in idoceo and created a variety of assessments with rubrics in the grade book. Now I'm wondering if it is possible to upload student papers to each assessment for a kind of "one-stop shopping" grading experience. I'm not asking for the ability to mark up the papers -- yet. I just want to have them in idoceo.

Is that possible? Thanks!

* That one out of ten that idoceo still can't do? Sync with Apple Calendar. Love to see that added to the other nine things, making idoceo a perfect ten!
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by pauhana658.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago #9713 by pauhana658
Replied by pauhana658 on topic Attach student papers to grade book?
I may have answered my own question...yes, it IS possible to attach files to individual student assignments in the grade book. So now I have a way to download papers from the school LMS, mark them up, attach them to the grade book, and then email both marked up paper and rubric to the students. Great!

However, uploading these papers will be tedious. I'm wondering if uploading couldn't be done similarly to how student photos are uploaded and attached, by naming the files after the student names and batch-uploading them, with just one additional step of identifying the relevant assignment name. Wouldn't that be nice!

More
3 years 1 week ago #9714 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Attach student papers to grade book?
That is a tricky one but noted. I'll see what we can do
I'm assuming you know how to easily drag and drop those files into your students' cells in iDoceo's gradebook.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pauhana658

More
3 years 1 week ago #9716 by pauhana658
Hmmm, seem to have hit a snag in my imagined process for grading student papers. Students can upload papers to idoceo via connect, but while I can email them a report with their score and rubric, I see no way of emailing the papers themselves back along with the score report. Moreover, I don't see how students can access their own papers and scores through connect. Is that possible?

I suppose that I can manually attach the paper to the email when I send back the score and rubric, but it would be nice to be able to simply have the option to attach any files in that assignment to the email.

More
3 years 1 week ago #9717 by bert
The export > E-mail report option will include students files as e-mail attachments.
iDoceo Connect is one way only at the moment but we plan on improving it in the future
The following user(s) said Thank You: pauhana658

More
2 years 11 months ago #9734 by pauhana658
Yep, that worked! I now have a seamless system for accepting student papers, marking them up, assigning a score via a rubric, and then emailing everything back to the student.

One annoying fly in the ointment: MS Word files cannot be marked up in idoceo. But then MS Word has made a career out of annoying me with editing/access issues. I'll be asking students to submit pdfs of their papers from now on. Do you think idoceo might someday gain the ability to convert Word docs into pdfs so that I can mark them up without jumping through the MS Word hoops?

More
2 years 11 months ago #9735 by bert
Maybe in the future but I'm afraid that kind of conversion requires a huge investement both in time and money that we can't afford at the moment. There are apps/webs only focussed on that!