Teams integration: some feedback + wishes

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #30956 by Sebastian
Hi Bert and everyone else,
first of all massive thanks to the Teams integration, I've waited long for it and love it. It makes my administrative work and grading much more efficient. iDoceo is very clever in the way it recognises the students and matches them (I like that I can link existing classes with Teams, great feature!) and how it converts iDoceo grades into the (inflexible) point system of Teams. However, I do have some wishes for future development to make it even better:

- iDoceo automatically sets a due date one month into the future if you publish from iDoceo to Teams. It would be nice if you can use the iDoceo due due date (column options) and publish that on Teams.
- Related to that: I've realised I cannot update some grades without setting a new due date. That is a bit annoying. So today I've imported a grade from Teams to iDoceo, did some marking there and then wanted to publish my updates on Teams. However, the students got a new notification with a new due date, which is annoying for them and for me as well. When updating an existing task, it would be nice if the original due date can just be kept.
- When I upload my iDoceo grades on Teams, I still need to go on Teams and click “Zurückgeben” (=return) so that students get to see their grades. It would be cool if I can do all in one step from iDoceo.
- It would be nice if you can import several columns at once, but that is just a nice-to-have. 
- Another nice to have would be to see the files the students uploaded. It is cool that you can see the task description in the column and the feedback in the cells, the files would be awesome too (for future reference).
- Some students don't hand in their homework. It would be helpful to see a little icon to realise which students have or haven't handed it their work.

That's it for now. I don't know if these suggestions are realistic, but I just wanted to give you some feedback. As I've said in the beginning, I am super grateful for the Teams integration and I will recommend iDoceo to some of my colleagues as our whole school uses Teams.
Many thanks& blessings!
Sebastian

Probiert gerne meine kleine Korrektur-App "KURT" fürs iPad und den Mac aus. Sie hilft beim Erstellen individueller PDF-Rückmeldebögen und hat viele praktische Funktionen für den Korrekturprozess. Sie ist komplett kostenlos für Mac & iPad :)
www.kurt-korrekturen.de (jetzt in V. 4.3)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #30957 by bert
Thanks so much for the feedback Sebastian,
The Due date issue on your first point will be addressed in 8.7.2 available today/tomorrow.
I'll see what I can do on the rest. I have a very limited sandbox to do tests but I think
there won't be any issues

If you miss anything else do not hesitate to post
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sebastian

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #30977 by bert
Regarding the 'Due date' issue, it is a limitation on MS Teams side. You can't update any data on 'expired' tasks.
Our current Beta version addresses this by asking if you'd like iDoceo to handle due dates automatically

More
11 months 1 week ago #30982 by Sebastian
Replied by Sebastian on topic Teams integration: some feedback + wishes
that's great to hear, thanks for the hard work. As I've said, the Teams integration already is great and I'm also glad you've already included the first issue and let users set the due date in iDoceo :) Don't stress yourself too much and enjoy the weekend! :)

Probiert gerne meine kleine Korrektur-App "KURT" fürs iPad und den Mac aus. Sie hilft beim Erstellen individueller PDF-Rückmeldebögen und hat viele praktische Funktionen für den Korrekturprozess. Sie ist komplett kostenlos für Mac & iPad :)
www.kurt-korrekturen.de (jetzt in V. 4.3)