Local backup

More
4 years 10 months ago #8227 by pck1980
Local backup was created by pck1980
Hi there,

I just had a look at the backup options of iDoceo. As I don't want to use any cloud services for legal reasons and I don't have a WebDAV server at hand, I thought I'd store the backups locally on the iPad so that I can copy them from there using iTunes.

Due to some strange restrictions of iOS however, I can't create a dedicated folder on the device for storing those backups. Oddly enough, I can use any folder created by some other app, but of course it's rather confusing to have iDoceo-backups stored in, say, a folder named "Word".

Is there a way to let iDoceo create its own folder on the iPad?
More
4 years 10 months ago #8228 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Local backup
Hello pck1980,
From the 'Files' app in your ipad > On My iPad > long tap on the files list > New folder to create a new one. You can store your backups there.
More
4 years 10 months ago #8229 by pck1980
Replied by pck1980 on topic Local backup
Thanks you for your answer. Unfortunately, I don't have the option to create a new folder when I'm in the "root directory" of my iPad.
It works fine inside one of those folders that are already there - but these belong to other apps.
More
4 years 10 months ago #8230 by bert
It may be a 'feature' of iOS13. It should be available in a couple of hours.
It looks like this

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: pck1980
More
4 years 10 months ago #8231 by pck1980
Would be great if iOS 13 would add this feature. I'll stay tuned... ;-)
More
4 years 10 months ago #8232 by bert
The screenshot is taken from iOS13.1. Probably works on iOS13 as well.
More
4 years 10 months ago #8237 by pck1980
I'll have to wait til next thursday to find out if iOS 13 solves that problem ;-)

Completely unrelated problem: It seems I can't create a new topic in the gradebook forum. I get an error that I have to register despite I'm registered and logged in?!