iDoceo Connect, open questions and key words

More
5 years 2 months ago #7918 by jgoddard
Hi Bert
This is a very interesting feature.
I'm experimenting with the auto grading with key words. I wanted to have an assessment of short essays with 5 points each, with 5 desired key words, with credit of 1pt for each of those 5 key words. I'm so far unable to see how to do that and can't find any detailed explanations on the auto score feature.

Can you point me in the right direction.
Cheers
J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #7919 by jgoddard
Replied by jgoddard on topic iDoceo Connect, open questions and key words
At the moment, I can see two cumbersome ways to do this.

If my key words are: happiness, love, health, families, community
I thought the easiest way was to have these key words in the first area and assign one point. But the program only scores one point total if they have even one of those words.

If I put those words into five groups (repeated five times), if they wrote love once, they would get 5 points (credit 5 times).

I guess now I see the way this is intended is to take the first word group and enter: happy, happiness
Second: love, loving, loves
Third: health, healthy
Fourth: family, families
Fifth: community, communities
This would give max 1 point from each group, and thus 5 opints total (possible).
Seems like a cumbersome way to do, but does allow flexibility to add words that are close, like adding "relationships" to the family group.

Any shortcuts?
J

More
5 years 2 months ago #7921 by bert
Hi jgoddard,
Install first version 5.0.1 available on this link
itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id477120941?mt=8

Keywords behave as you mentioned in your last post. Each combination/group awards a number of points and you're supposed to add all the possible answers that would be considered correct.
It is the only way that allows some flexibility in the answers while at the same time being strict in awarded points

More
5 years 2 months ago #7932 by jgoddard
Tried on a test...very interesting and has a lot of potential!

Some wish list items:
1. Enable the IOS spell check to work when writing the questions
2. Allow partial manual scoring of questions. Ability to override scoring on some/any questions.
3. Allow manual score entry in the grade book. For example, I wanted to award a student a zero who did not come and did not plan on making up the test, but I could not find a way to award zero.

Thanks!

Jim

More
5 years 2 months ago #7933 by bert
Thank you Jim.

Regarding 1. this depends on your iPad settings. Make sure spell check is enabled under iPad settings > General > Keyboard

Regarding 2&3, if you double tap on a cell you will be able to manually change the result on any question.

More
5 years 2 months ago #7938 by jgoddard
Thanks for the response...
As to the spell check, this is the only facet of any app where my spell check is not operational.

For manual scoring to enter zero for a student did not come at all...I still don't see the way to do this...

J

More
5 years 2 months ago #7939 by bert
When you have a chance, double tap on a cell where you'd like to put that 0 and send me a screenshot. There may be something wrong.