Backup names

More
9 years 6 months ago #5153 by BeechClass2015
Backup names was created by BeechClass2015
Really feel like I'm getting to grips with this app now and having spent the past few days inputting all my folder paper data onto idoceo I noticed that the backup names were wrong.

Having followed Bert's advice in backing up from the Settings menu on the ruler bar instead of selecting the 'open in' option directly from GoogleDrive, I noticed that when I want to restore my archived backup data it gives me a list of dates from 29 December 2013.

I have checked the iPad's date and time settings and these are correct. Viewing GoogleDrive in a browser or a folder on my laptop the backups are dated correctly too. It is only when looking at which backup to restore from that 29 December 2013 crops up.

It is more of a niggle at this point than anything but I worry that if I advise other staff around school to use this app, that they will find the same bug and be confused as to which archive to load and inadvertently loose a lot of data (and time!).

Has anyone else experienced this?

I am running iOS 7.1.1, would upgrading to iOS8 fix this?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #5154 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Backup names
Hello BeechClass2015,
Yes, that is a bug in the current version. The dates are not shown properly, but the backups are ok.
There will be a minor update available in a couple of days which will solve this issue.

Regards

More
9 years 6 months ago #5156 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Backup names
I forgot to mention it has nothing to do with the iOS version. You can stay in iOS7 if it works for you, no need to upgrade.