Photo backups

More
9 years 7 months ago #5142 by BeechClass2015
Photo backups was created by BeechClass2015
Hello all!

I downloaded idoceo the other day and am really hoping to get to grips with it over this half term break, so far it looks great!

I have managed to create my various classes and rubrics but I stumbled at backing up photos. Our school has invested in 16gb iPads which fill quickly with all the apps and photos we use/take.

I like how idoceo gives me the option to store my photos of evidence locally in idoceo rather than the iPad photo app but the problem happens when I backup my idoceo. I backup all files and data to my GoogleDrive account and then trial delete photos from students as if deleted by accident or if some unfortunate future event occurred. I then close idoceo and try to manually load the backup from GoogleDrive to find that it imports fine but there is no longer the little triangle in the corner of a student whose work I had photographed as evidence. There is no photo evidence linked to that student either.

It appears as if idoceo is backing up my photos as the backup files get larger every time I add more photos of student's work but as I say, when importing the backup again to see if the photos are re-linked with students as before, they are absent.

I REALLY want to push this app in our school but as you will be aware, trialing new innovations against processes that have been in place a long time with people feeling comfortable with them is hard enough!

Any help would be really appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #5143 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Photo backups
Welcome BeechClass2015,
Are you restoring that backup with the Settings (on the main screen's ruler) > Google Drive > Restore archived backup option?
The backup will include everything and the photos aren't left behind!
If still can't sort it out, do let me know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BeechClass2015

More
9 years 6 months ago #5150 by BeechClass2015
Replied by BeechClass2015 on topic Photo backups
Hi Bert,

Thank you so much! I was opening the file from GoogleDrive directly, holding my finger down on the file and then selecting open in idoceo.

Your method of restoring from the settings menu worked perfectly with all the images thank you!

:cheer: