homework and behaviour

More
9 years 8 months ago #4757 by AMC
homework and behaviour was created by AMC
Hi. I am new to iDoceo. Is it possible to make a note of who hasn't done homework or who has been misbehaving, and what action the teacher has taken with different pupils, and have this information to hand when meeting parents? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #4758 by bert
Replied by bert on topic homework and behaviour
Welcome AMC,
There are several ways to do this but here are my two suggestions:

a) Configuring additional icons when taking attendance.

If you're taking attendance on a daily basis, you will have a new column for each day. The attendance icons are 3 by default (present,absent, late) but you can configure an additional set of icons that would help you keep track of homework and behaviour.
You will find more details here where it mentions the 'Customizing the attendance column part'
This has the important limitation of being able to choose from 4 icons only but it may work for you.
Here is when the next suggestion comes in play

b) Adding annotations in cells
Annotations can be added to any cell in idoceo (Tap and hold on a cell and tap on the bubble icon). They will let you add extensive descriptions, files, audio, images and video and they can be easily shown -all at once- when meeting parents.
Since an annotation requires a column to be added to, you can use the attendance columns I mentioned on my previous point or you could add a specific daily column for behaviour/homework.
You will find here a more detailed explanation about annotations. Pay special attention to the 'Focusing on a single student' part which is what you'd show to parents.

Especially useful for parten's evenings:
The students (top bar) filter will let you focus a on a single pupil and you will be able to show
the full gradebook (columns,tabs, seating plan) with the rest of students filtered out.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by bert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.