Idoceo and SD cards

More
9 years 10 months ago #4597 by Sharp
Idoceo and SD cards was created by Sharp
Hey there,
We're using idoceo on an ipad currently, but as we're planning on adding a lot of photo and video evidence to students in it, it'll probably fill the ipad, so we're looking at moving to an Android tablet with an SD card slot.
Can a gradebook be set to be stored on the SD card rather than internal storage? Be really useful if it could.
ANy help very useful :-)
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #4598 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Idoceo and SD cards
Hello Sharp,
I'm afraid iDoceo is only available for the iPad at the moment. No android versions in our roadmap.

Regards

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #4599 by Sharp
Replied by Sharp on topic Idoceo and SD cards
Wow, okay, sorry bout that.
Err, we honestly thought we'd seen an Android version somewhere or mention of there being one, not quite sure how we pulled that one off. :-)

In which case, any suggestions as to how we can get round the issue of filling the ipad? We're a special needs school, so there's going to be a lot of evidence being attached to the gradebook, hence why we're really reluctant to backup to dropbox or something like that as it'd take an age.

Again, any advice very much appreciated, we relaly like the app and find it really easy to use, but not quite sure how to handle this bit.
Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Sharp.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #4601 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Idoceo and SD cards
Hello Sharp, here's a short explanation about this, hope it helps!

By default, all photos&video recorded with iDoceo will be stored in the iPad's camera roll taking up a considerable amount of disk space. Those resources are not compressed in any way, they are usually stored in PNG/MOV in order to preserve its full quality. A single photo may take between 1-3MB, I completely understand your concern about filling the iPad ...

As an alternative method, we offered in the current version 3.0 the option to store all those photos inside iDoceo instead. This option lets iDoceo compress the images (as JPG) and save about 40% of space on each photo - and a bit less, 30% or so in videos - while preserving a reasonable quality.

This setting can be enabled from the main screen's Settings (on the ruler) > Image&Video and it will be applied on new photos&videos taken with iDoceo.

Here's an article explaining this with a bit more detail

We've got in our plans a more elaborated solution that would save those resources in the cloud , either in Dropbox or Google Drive (it wouldn't take that long!) but I I cannot provide a time-frame for this implementation.

Kind regards,
Bert
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bert. Reason: revisited space saved numbers