transfer

More
10 years 3 months ago #4306 by armin
transfer was created by armin
Can I transfer a student from one class to another? Including all tabs of course.......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #4319 by bert
Replied by bert on topic transfer
Hi Armin,
The current student transfer will only transfer the student and his personal data.
Each class has its own columns, and I'm not sure if we'll be able to transfer data between classes in the near future. Lets see what we can do in our next major update

More
10 years 1 month ago #4422 by riverer
Replied by riverer on topic transfer
Having some kind of 'standard class' layout would be good for this. For example:

I make a standard layout for my year 9 classes in the 'main' tab, the columns are all the same across all classes. Then if I tick a box somewhere to mark each class as part of the year 9 'group' if I add a column to one classes 'main' tab, the same column appears in all other class 'main' tab from that group.

Other tabs could be set to sync or not sync, so vital data in the main tab would move with students as needed, but I could still add columns that wouldn't sync or move with students in other tabs if needed.

This would be a massive improvement, as it is with 10-15 students moving groups I have real problems, I cant even easily copy the data across manually as I have to record it elsewhere first due to not being able to see both classes on screen at once..

More
10 years 1 month ago #4423 by bert
Replied by bert on topic transfer
Hi riverer,
Our next major update will try to match columns from both classes and will transfer students data as well