Double lessons

More
10 years 6 months ago #4050 by lanternerouge
Double lessons was created by lanternerouge
Hi

I know many teachers in the UK will, like me, have many "double lessons" on their timetable - ie the same class for two consecutive periods. It would be great if iDoceo recognised this and allowed us to enter them on our timetable.

Many thanks

lanternerouge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #4053 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Double lessons
Hello lanternerouge,
You can now add a second period in the timetable, but the planner will only let you work with the first one. We're working on improving this in our next major update.

Regards,
Bert

• vleigh
9 years 9 months ago #4713 by vleigh
Replied by vleigh on topic Double lessons
Hi bert
I've just started using the app. Like others in the uk I've got a lot of doubles. I can't work out how to get idoceo to joint two periods together though. I've adjusted lesson times but that leaves gaps with blank periods.

Could you send a screen shot of how to create double periods?
Thanks

Vernon

More
9 years 9 months ago #4714 by bert
Hello Vernon,
Each time block in the timetable is represented in the planner as a single period.
Since iDoceo doesn't know what a double lesson stands for (i.e. how long a single lesson is) you need to add two blocks for those doubles.
Below a screenshot

Attachments:

• vleigh
9 years 9 months ago #4715 by vleigh
Replied by vleigh on topic Double lessons
That's great thanks. Is there a way to connect the two blocks together or are the just separate units?

More
9 years 9 months ago #4716 by bert
I'm afraid not, they are shown as separate units.
This is important in iDoceo because you could bump the second lesson forward into the next day with all its resources and text or more important yet, you could copy the complete lesson plan for this class into a different class (e.g next year) with a different distribution of lessons/double lessons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vleigh