Linking videos/audio files to more than 1 student

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #2898 by dwoodmusic
Hi

I'm not sure whether this feature is already available - is there a way that you can quickly link multiple students to 1 video? I am a music teacher, and most of my practical work is done in pairs/small groups. The video is used as assessment evidence, and so could do with being linked to more than one student. I have tried it through dropbox, but this takes too long to be practical during lessons. At the minute, I am writing comments in annotations to refer to the other student where the video is. This feature would assist me greatly (and I'm sure many other subjects would benefit too)

Apologies if this feature does exist

Any help/comments/guidance gladly received

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #2899 by bert
Hi there dwoodmusic,
It isn't possible in the current version but we're working already on it for iDoceo 3.0
With it you'll be able to copy and move resources (audio/photos/video/files) to several students at once without taking up more space.
We'll call it officially a copy instead of a link because it may be easier to understand for new users but it is a misnomer either way. You'll have a resource in student A, and will copy it to B,C but a single instance of that resource will exist (hence a misnomer for copy). Erasing the resource in A won't erase it for B,C,D (hence a misnomer for 'strict' link too)
I'm afraid there is no workaround for this until our next update is ready. You can follow us @idoceo for updates on new releases.

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.