Email

More
11 years 1 month ago #2769 by papijack
Email was created by papijack
Me again. So like i said i have just discovered this app and i have to say i kinda Love it, Still trying to figure stuff out but still enjoying it! One of my biggest concerns is to ensure that the back up is working. It gives me peace of mind knowing that i will not loose any stored data.. That being said I have tried emailing some of my data to my personal email but have yet to receive those sent emails. I have also checked my spam folder and they are not there. I just need tomake sure that I can access my work just in case! I also have drop box (new to that tooso playomg around with that too!). What am i missing?

Also i am pretty excited that i figured out how to configure ( for the most part, my students' grades). I managed to assign term 1(35%) term (35%) and the final exam (30%). The problem seems to occur when trying to add them together to create the final mark. In the colum that i created for this i can see that these are clearly marked with the right percentages but the actual amount is not adding up(because those three colums add up to 100 and what i want to see is that)..again i am wondering what am i missing?

Thanks again.....LOVE THIS APP!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #2770 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Email
Welcome back papijack,

About backups
Your data is absolutely safe, don't worry! . I'm sure you have seen by now that you can choose between three different backup systems. All of them are equally safe, but I'll write down a couple of words for each, so you can decide which one is more appropriate for you:
Dropbox (recommended option): It usually is a bit slower and requires internet connection for the whole backup process to finish. The backup file management (erasing/archiving) is more flexible as you can navigate across those files directly.
iCloud : Faster , and does not require online connection at that very same moment. If network is not available it will perform the backup later on.
WebDAV server: This should be provided by the school's district, IT responsible and it is usually required for backup data to be stored 'locally' instead of in the internet.

If you're still not sure, stay with Dropbox.

About emails
iDoceo uses your default iPad's email configuration and account. You should give a look at (System) Settings / Mail,Contacts... / and in the Mail group check that the Default Account is properly set.

About grades
It usually depends on the kind of calculation you want to perform, either a simple addition or an average.
There are several ways to do it, but it would be great if you could send me a screenshot of the calculation you've configure(when arrows are on screen) and I'll tell your right away what's missing.
Quite often it is the grade type missing in some of columns , typically in the final mark.
On the other hand, if you want a simple addition between columns, make sure all columns have the -generic grade- assigned, and then when configuring the calculation , tap on add all.

Hope I didn't miss anything!

Kind regards,
Bert
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bert.

• Anonymous
11 years 1 month ago #2774 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic Email
Ok i have a pic of screen but how do i attach it? I can usuakky figure this out but cannot seem to find the icon?

P

More
11 years 1 month ago #2775 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Email
If you can't attach here, just send it over at support@idoceo.net