Recording homework

More
10 years 5 months ago #4010 by jetay1
Recording homework was created by jetay1
I've just started using Idoceo, and I'm liking it so far.

My main challenge in teaching is keeping track of what homework I've set, when it's due, and who has submitted it. This is what I'd like to be able to do:

1. On the day I set the homework, I record somewhere within the class database (a) what homework was set (possibly with an attached file), and (b) when the work is due in.

2. Email the information in (1) to students.

3. When I set the homework, a column in the gradebook should be created for recording the results of the homework when it's handed in, and also a note in the diary on the due date to remind me to collect the homework on the due date.

4. Then for lessons after the due date, perhaps reminders, in a prominent place, of which students still owe me the homework. The reminders would need to be linked to cells in the gradebook so that once I record the homework as submitted, the reminder would disappear.

I've only just started using the programme, so all of the above might already be possible, but if it is, I haven't figured it out yet.

Joel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #4013 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Recording homework
Welcome Joel,

Here my suggestions.
I'd go for the diary, but note that you can do exactly the same (store files, and send e-mails) from the column's header, which may directly be that of the assignment. Once you have created that column, double tap on the column header and tap on Annotations (top)

1. On the day I set the homework, I record somewhere within the class database (a) what homework was set (possibly with an attached file), and (b) when the work is due in.

The class' diary will let you do that , add files, and send e-mails.
Here a screenshot that should help.
Add files with a tap on the paper clip, and send e-mails with button next to it.

In regard to the due date, probably adding an event will be the easiest way.

2. Email the information in (1) to students.

Here a screenshot.

4. Then for lessons after the due date, perhaps reminders, in a prominent place, of which students still owe me the homework. The reminders would need to be linked to cells in the gradebook so that once I record the homework as submitted, the reminder would disappear.

This one's not possible yet. You can automatically keep track of when each student has submitted their homework ( date in cell, explained here ), but not he opposite. Noted though
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by bert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.