Outcome summaries

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #10618 by grhafer30
Outcome summaries was created by grhafer30
I am new to iDoceo, but I'm dedicating a week to understanding the application so I don't have to learn it during the upcoming school year!

One thing I'm unclear about is how Outcomes work within iDoceo. For instance, I would like an Assessments tab with all the summary assessments appearing: Outcomes is an important one, a summary of each of my ten Outcomes for the course. I created them using Multiple Columns > Outcomes - Calculation and then selected all ten Outcomes; however, only one column shows up. (No, it's not collapsed, but is as a single item in a folder. I'm assuming it's an average of all ten Outcomes.) Then I tried adding Multiple Columns > Outcomes - Columns and incorporated all within one folder (see file images 1 and 2.)

Even though I have individual column assessments set up in the gradebook main view (summary tab) for particular assignments, the scores I've entered don't average in their particular outcomes-calculation column within the assessments tab. Yes, I have weighted average selected.

What am I missing? I could see having forty or fifty individual assessments for any one particular outcome, but I need to enter them individually during the course of the semester and having a running average throughout the semester. (All the assessments are equal in weight.) Do I need to create "linked" assignments through the Copy command for the Outcome? That didn't seem to work either.

I've tried looking in the complete manual, but I don't find any answers. Thanks for any assistance.

Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #10621 by Munay
Replied by Munay on topic Outcome summaries
Hello,

I am Munay from iDoceo Support, after reading your query I would like to help.

First, can you attach a screenshot of the actual issue (what you get), and another one of how you have configured the outcomes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: grhafer30

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #30589 by grhafer30
Replied by grhafer30 on topic Outcome summaries
Thanks, but actually I really need to know how Standards work (I'm calling them Outcomes). For instance, I'm trying to see if I can attach standards to the assignments as one column, but still have the Standard factor as an individual score to the Outcome Summary column on another tab so I have a running averag. But it doesn't seem to work in that way. The only way I think I can get a summary of individual Standards is to nest columns within the Outcome Summary column. 

In the screenshots, the first one shows that I have to repeat the same column name, but one counting for the general Effort grade, and another counting for Achievement of a Standard (purple column). That's the only one I seem to get a summary of the Outcome/Standard (screenshot 2). If that's so, I don't see what "piggy backing" the outcomes or skills with an assignment can have in calculating an average unless it's nested with the Outcome/Standard.
Last edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by bert. Reason: Some data in photos. Saw the images.

More
1 hour 41 minutes ago #30636 by grhafer30
Replied by grhafer30 on topic Outcome summaries
Bert, let me try again.

I would like to write a formula in which, if the Contract for B is broken (a broken pencil in the first column), the Current Grade (red, third column) can never arise above 85.0% or B. I use a modified form of Contract grading for writing in which effort counts for some of the final grade but is limited. This is the limit.

Every time I try to write it and copy the examples, I come up with strange averages or wildly inflated ones. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried making a separate column for results with a formula, but that does not seem to work either. Any help would be appreciated.

Gary
Attachments: