Tracking annotations by date

More
10 years 2 months ago #4254 by gsutt0
Tracking annotations by date was created by gsutt0
Hi there
Thanks for a wonderful app! I'm just starting as a prep teacher (what we call kindergarten in parts of Australia!) and a major part of my assessment will be tracking my observations of students. I'm trying to work out if this is best done in the daily diary or whether I should make a tab in my grade book where the column headings are the dates and add things in to each student? Very new to idoceo so I would greatly appreciate some pointers! Im also new to teaching for that matter!
Cheers
Georgie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #4255 by bert
Replied by bert on topic Tracking annotations by date
Welcome Georgie,
I'd go for adding annotations in cells ( explained here ) and enabling the date in cell option ( explained here ), that is in case the dates for your annotations do not always match the header.
If that's not the case here, don't worry about that 'Date in cell' feature.

So, in 'short':
- You create a daily column, which could even be the attendance column if you're using it ( explained here )

- You add your observations and evidence (photos,video,audio) to the cell that belongs to each student with a tap&hold and annotations

The main advantage with this approach:
- all your observations will be linked to each student whereas the diary wouldn't.
- If you double tap on a student, and then go to Annotations , and top gear icon. You'll see all your annotations for that student in. This is specially useful for parents' evenings.
- The student report will also include this info, details (explained here)

I think that's it! Hope it helps.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bert.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gsutt0

More
10 years 2 months ago #4258 by gsutt0
Replied by gsutt0 on topic Tracking annotations by date
Thanks Bert!